The CSPRG holds the following personal information for the purposes of the UKFSST, which covers:
- patient data– name, address, date of birth, NHS number, GP for all individuals in the age range 55-64 years between November 1994 and March 1999 belonging to participating general practices;
- questionnaire data – including responses to various questionnaires sent at different stages of the study, family history of bowel cancer, symptoms, previous examinations and diet and smoking habits;
- clinical information – including medical data collected prior to screening, details of symptoms, results of any medical tests or procedures and blood samples;
- cancer diagnoses (for randomised patients) including histological diagnosis and stage of the disease;
- Records of the deaths of individuals in the age range 55-64 years between November 1994 and March 1999 belonging to participating general practices.
We require the information that we hold in order to answer our research questions and to guarantee the quality and integrity of our results. It will not be possible to identify individuals from the published results of this study.
We have not finished collecting the cancer and death data we need and will continue to do so until March 2027. Our Patient Data section provides further details on what information we hold for the purposes of our research, and how we use and protect this information.